Paul of Kids Riding Bicycles has put together this fun meme for anyone who loves Disney animated movies, and I couldn’t resist taking part in it. So without further ado, the twelve questions and my answers…
- What’s your favourite Disney film and why?
Beauty and the Beast, it just enchants me every time I watch it and I grew up on it too (though my childhood favorite was The Little Mermaid). And the music! The songs and the score are among my favorites from any movie in general.
- What was the first Disney film you ever saw?
I’d have to ask my parents because I don’t know for sure, but it was most likely The Lion King.
- If you could ask Walt one question, what would it be?
I’m stealing Simoa‘s answer here, but I would’ve loved to know what plans he had before he died, especially with the theme parks and movies… or I guess one specific question I would ask is if he ever wanted to do live-action remakes of his animated movies like the studio is doing now…
- You’re asked to create an attraction at Disneyland based on a Disney movie. What do you create?
I love those dark rides where you basically go through the movie’s story, so I’ll say a ride like that based on Zootopia. It’d be so cool to travel through all the different city districts like Judy does in the movie!
- What fairy tale that Disney haven’t yet adapted would you like to see them make?
I’d love to see an adaptation of Snow White and Rose Red, though Disney would probably have to change Snow White’s name to avoid confusion… really just any story involving female friendships would be great. Also, could you imagine Disney doing The Twelve Dancing Princesses? It’d be amazing.
- Gaston is excellent at most everything. But what are you better than Gaston at?
- What’s your favourite Disney song?
I have way too many favorites to narrow it down to just one, so I’ll just say an underrated one that I’ve come to love a lot is “Love” from Robin Hood.
- What’s your least favourite Disney film?
Chicken Little. The execution of it all is just not up to par with most of Disney’s output.
- You can live in any Disney film. Which one do you pick?
The Princess and the Frog! It’s New Orleans in the 1920s, and I’d love to dine at Tiana’s restaurant and hang out with her.
- You’re the eighth member of the Dwarfs. What name do you go by?
Since Sleepy is taken I’m gonna have to go with Lazy.
- Disney makes a new Fantasia. Which musical pieces would you like to see them include?
Since they featured George Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue” in Fantasia 2000, I’m going with another contemporary piece: “Moonlight Serenade” by Glenn Miller. “In the Mood” would be a good one too.
- You can invite five Disney characters to a dinner party. Who do you choose and why?
This is tough because there’s so many to choose from, and I love a lot of characters, but here’s what I came up with anyway:
– Genie, because it wouldn’t be a party without him.
– Alice, because she has a curious mind that could stimulate some interesting conversations.
– Lumiere, because he’d know how to put on a dinner show (and he’d tell me which dishes are the best).
– Hercules, because I want to hear about all of his adventures first-hand.
– And Cinderella, simply because I love her, and hopefully she doesn’t have a curfew now.